Projects @ UTEP
Projects @ ARA
Projects @ Texas A&M/TTI
- PI: Technical Support for the Analysis and Design of Briggs Army Airfield Runway. January 2020-January 2022.
- PI: Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), Tx-06965-1, Structural Impacts of Super Heavy Loads (SHLs) on Transportation Infrastructure", January 2020-December 2021.
- PI: National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), "Geotechnical Aspects of Lunar Regolith Stimulants", Fall 2018-Summer 2019. Completed.
- PI: Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT),“Tx-06949 “Soil-Cement Design and Construction”, Summer 2017 – Summer 2020. Completed.
- PI: Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT),“Tx-06965 “Characterization and Quantification of the Traffic Load Spectra in the Texas Overweight Corridors and Energy Sectors”, Summer 2017 – Summer 2019. Completed.
- PI: "A Novel Approach for the Characterization of the Rutting Performance of Pavement Foundations, Funded by the Southern Planes University Centers (SPTC), December 2015 - December 2017. Completed.
- Co-PI: “NCHRP 24-45: Evaluating Mechanical Properties of Earth Materials During Intelligent Compaction,Funded by the National Highway Research Program (NCHRP), , July 2015 - July 2018.
- PI: “Exploring Students’ Conceptions about Engineering Research and Scientific Writing”. Winner of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Award, UTEP’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETaL), January 2015 – December 2015. Completed.
- PI: "Updated Testing Procedures for Long Life Heavy Duty Stabilized Bases", Funded by Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), Expected Completion: August 2016. Completed.
- PI: "Performance Determination of the Precast Concrete Slabs for the Repair of Rigid Pavements", Funded by The Federal Highway Administration/Rutgers University, Completed December 2014. Completed.
- PI: "Characterization of the Moisture Susceptibility of Asphalt Mixes using Cyclic Moisture Induced Stress Tester (MIST), Sponsored by the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP) at UTEP, Completed: May 2015. Completed.
- PI: "Task Order #2, Airbase Operating Surfaces Technical Support", Funded by the Applied Research Associates Inc. (ARA), Completed September 2013.
Projects @ ARA
- “Performance Evaluation of Precast Concrete Slabs for Contingency Damage Repair of Rigid Airfield Pavements ” ARA- Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL).
- "Evaluation of the Ultra-High Pressure Water Rubber Removal Equipment and It's Impact on Frictional Properties of Airfield Runways". ARA-Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL).
- "Comparisons of Chemical and Mechanical Rubber Removal Techniques to Restore Runway Friction", ARA-Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL).
- "Mechanistic Characterization and Performance Evaluation of the Recycled Concrete (RC) and Recycled Asphalt (RA) in Pavement Foundations".
- "Temperature Dependency of Orthogonal Load Transfer Efficiencies of Precast Slabs Concrete Installed Using Deep Injection of High Density Polyurethane (HDP) Foam. ARA-Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL).
Projects @ Texas A&M/TTI
- “ICAR 508-A: Methodology for Designing Aggregate Mixtures for Base Courses”, Funded by the International Center for Aggregate Research (ICAR), Completed 2008.
- "ICAR 508-B: TTI-PAVE Software and User's Manual", Funded by the International Center for Aggregate Research (ICAR), Completed 2009.
- "ICAR 506: Phase One Acceptability Criteria for High Fines Content Unbound Aggregates Pavement Layers", Funded by the International Center for Aggregate Research (ICAR), Completed 2007.
- "Determination of Anisotropic Material Parameters to be Used in Mechanistic Design of Highway SH-130, Round Rock,Austin,Texas. Completed 2006.
- "Inverted Pavement Design for Bull Run Highway 659 Bypass, Mannassas Virginia. Funded by Luck Stone Co. Ltd., Completed 2007.